- Geplaatst op:12-01-2017
DIVISION/LOCATION: Emmen, the Netherlands
Plantronics Inc. headquartered in Santa Cruz, California with offices worldwide. Founded in 1961 the company is listed on NYSE and trades under the symbol PLT.
Plantronics is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of lightweight communications headsets, telephone headset systems, headset accessories, and related services. Plantronics' headsets are recognized for their safety, reliability, comfort, and sound quality. Plantronics has come to be highly regarded for leading-edge technological innovations, particularly for its emerging market products, such as cellular and computer headsets. The Company's headset products are used globally for call center, mobile, computer and residential applications. From the day two airline pilots working in a garage set out to invent a new kind of aviation headset until today, we have considered breakthroughs in audio technology as our daily business. We pioneered the lightweight headset, the mobile headset, noise-cancelling technology and the personal speakerphone, always driven by a single obsession: remove the barriers to simply smarter communications. From friends conversing across the globe, to mobile professionals doing business on the road, to contact centers and executive offices, Plantronics is the choice for everyone united by digital technology and the human need to communicate.
Plantronics is striving every day to deliver simply smarter communications with innovative design and technology.
As Manufacturing Engineer within Plantronics you will be working in multidisciplinary teams on the development and industrialisation of new wireless headsets specifically for the consumer market. Together with colleagues in the field of mechanics, electronics and embedded software development you will develop and launch exciting, market changing consumer audio products. Your primary focus will be leading the manufacturing engineering efforts which bring these products to life. You will work both with the local Dutch development team and international Plantronics Operations team to launch products into our international markets and supply chains.
Ideally we are looking for a candidate that has been working in a similar environment within a similar function.
- Lead efforts to take products from design stage into mass production;
- Work cooperatively with design team and provide manufacturability feedback so that products can be successfully launched and cost effectively mass produced;
- Work cooperatively with local team, other parts of Plantronics and suppliers to provide manufacturing processes that will support new products;
- Drive cost reductions in coordination with other functions of Plantronics;
- Coordinate, direct and lead engineering efforts to ensure optimum execution of engineering of projects;
- Report jointly to Manufacturing Engineering management in Santa Cruz, CA and local engineering management in The Netherlands
- Regular communication and coordination with production sites in Asia and Mexico.
What do we expect you to bring?
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical engineering, with 7-10 years of relevant experience;
- Strong understanding of assembly processes, injection molding and PCBA assembly;
- Ability to use CAD to determine if tooling, equipment and part designs meet requirements;
- A proactive ‘whatever it takes’ approach to get the job done;
- Experience working with international teams;
- Creative, enthusiastic and passionate about success;
- Flexible and able to multi task across various activities;
- Fluent in (business) English;
- Dutch speaker is desired;
- Regular travelling abroad is required.
What does Plantronics offer in return?
- Opportunity do develop and launch exciting and market changing consumer products
- Opportunity to work with both a great local BV product development team and a strong international supply chain organization
- Technical development & career program;
- Smarter working;
For more information about the above mentioned role please contact Rory Limburg (Manager Talent Acquisition) email to: firstname.lastname@example.org